Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Why is it that the vast majority of cat lovers tend to be women rather then men?

"Crazy cat girl" is a common pet name for some people, but I've never heard anyone called "Crazy cat guy". What is it about cats that makes women in particular love them?

I believe that assumption is false, but it is a narrative pushed into the public sphere, you know that crazy old cat lady thing, but i have seen many men with cats as well as women..

I think it's because women usually prefer cute animals, and men prefer useful animals, like hunting dogs and horses

that's a dumb assumption. my husband loves cats as much as i do and my 2 sons love cats too. all my friends and their husbands love cats and the only single female i know does not have any pets, dogs or cats. 

A 2017 Survey shows that 58% of cat owners are women. That is a clear majority but not a vast majority.  The same survey shows that 53% of dog owners are women. That means women are more likely to own cats or dogs than men.

Cat owners tend to be older than dog owners by an average of 10 years,  perhaps because cats are easier to take care of for people who may not be able to walk the dog for health reasons. Surveys also said that pet owners are 30% less likely to have heart attacks. That may be why women live longer than men. They are less likely to have heart attacks because they are more likely to own pets. LOL

I think women like cats because cats are creepy