landlords are scammers all they want is money.?

they want people to be poor. they want to be rich. landlords are mean to their renters. what do u think.

• F

Yeh they should buy property and  let you live there free. Oh I think they should supply a car as well . Pay for your own gas? What a rip off they should supply that too, not to mention pay all your bills and bring you food every day

And finally tuck you in at bed time!

Grow up !

• L

There is a HUGE thing that you do NOT understand here.............a landlord or manager only collects rent money and then sends it on to the Property Owner........therefore, it's the Property Owner who is getting rich - not the landlord or manager.  The only advantage, of being a landlord/manager, is living rent free or be paid a wage.

Actually the renters are the scammers, which is why smart landlords do everything they can to prevent from being scammed. Any business person goes into business to make money just like an employee goes to work to make money. In business, you want as much money as you can get for your products and or services, just like an employee wants as much money for their efforts as possible. Unlike employees who get a "fixed" income to rely on, businesses fluctuate in income because it involves not just the gross income that comes in but also the expenses that can grossly fluctuate as well. If you bring in a million dollars but it cost you a million to do so, you made zero dollars for yourself. Rents are driven by people's willingness and ability to pay. If the going rent for a particular unit is $1500 per month, as a new landlord you cannot raise the rent to $3000 per month and expect to rent all or any of your units when they can just go down the street and pay half that. Supply and demand always enters the equation where if there are more apartments than renters, rents begin to drop as the landlords have to become more competitive with each other to fill their apartments. Rents are usually lower in less desirable locations for the same reason, who wants to pay downtown prices to live in the suburbs or water front prices for no water front. Landlords in less desirable areas will typically be meaner due to how many scamming tenants they are used to dealing with, where landlords in areas where the tenants are respectable tend to also be more respectable. Does this mean that there are no land lords who scam, of course not, but generally speaking you see far more scamming from the tenants, which is why good landlords demand proof of income and longevity on the job as well as any other information that will let them know they will get paid and have minimum expenses due to tenants not taking care of the property.

I was a landlord. I got out of it because tenants were scammers. They didn't pay their rent. They damaged my property. They were scummy people.

See how the game is played?

There are good landlords and bad ones. There are good tenants and bad ones.

It is not easy being a landlord. Most landlords do not get rich.  I wanted my tenants to do well, not be poor, because when they did well, I did well. Tenants that did well took care of my property. I had one scummy welfare leech who trashed one of my houses.  I got out of it; wasn't worth the headaches for the small profit I made.

zero is dumb , landlords only care about money , took him this long to figure it out , bad news , landlords are in it for the money , after all they invest , you dont like it , then buy a property .

well Let's see.

In Clackamas County, Oregon where i live it will cost about $95,000 of my own money to get into a rental house with the down payment plus closing costs.

THEN i just need to hope that i get a reliabe renter in there that will pay the rent and live there for atleast 18 months and not trash the place.

and just hop the place doesnt have a bunch of repairs that have to be addresed. 

It can be a lot of work and a headache being a landlord.

"landlords"? they are supposed to business people supported by the tenents. Either they are wierd and getting paid by some outside source or they are honestly collecting money by providing a honest business.

ive debated doing rentals but its one of those business where the mobster is too active. they drive up rent and prevent compitition. less put it this way. the world appears open for cheap rent and the "investor" that does it will not only make a killing but retire a billionaire easy.

building these junk places aint that expensive!

This is a completely unfounded generalization that has no basis in fact or logic. Landlords are people--and no one group of people is good or bad, it's only individuals that are. If you've had bad experiences, you're not alone, but you're not the norm, either. 

True for some, but not for all. It's a business for some, a retirement plan for others. 

There are many excellent landlords; you just don't hear about them. 

If landlords didn't exist - where would you and other renters live? The government's not going to be giving out homes, and many can't afford to buy.

I think you are blaming your financial hardships on your landlord.