Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Is it okay to eat 3 month old bread?

It doesn't look like there's anything wrong with it and it's still soft

Actually it's 1`month past the best by date but i bought it 3 months ago

• CB
    Favorite Answer

If it is not moldy, looks and tastes fine - it is safe - the dates are not related to safety but quality. You don't like it - the manufacturer isn't going to compensate you. 

• Small

Depends on its condition.

Ugh.  I wouldn't.  Being soft isn't really a good test of freshness.  Does it have mold on it?  If bread is actually good that long after purchase it must have a lot of preservatives in it. Bread with no preservatives will go bad within a week of being baked if not frozen.  

No, that isn't generally safe.

You can eat it but you will never poop it out

as long as its not moldy or hard as a rock, knock yourself out.  Nothing bad will happen eating old bread.

I have a piece of bread that is over a decade old. No mold on it, just dry.  Would I eat it?  For the right price I would.

• kswck2

I would have to question what is in the bread if it has been around for 3 months. So no, I wouldn't eat it. 

• 🦋

I wouldn't eat it

Go to it. Gonna be kind of dried out I would think, but if there is no mildew you're all good.