Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Am I wrong for breaking up with my boyfriend of almost 8 years?

So my boyfriend works alot during the week and hes tired during the week. So we dont have out during the week. Sundays are mostly for our families. So we basically have Saturdays to hang out. During the week after work all he does is sleep or play xbox with his friends. Right after quarantine ended he hung out with his friends instead of me and last last Saturday he saw me for a while but then dropped me off at home cause he had to go to a family party. That same day he mentioned to hang out the next day but he never said anything anymore when the next day arrived. This past Saturday I worked and came out a little tired and I wanted to hang out at 6 but he had plans with his friends at 8 and he wanted to see me for 2 hours and I got mad cause I felt like he didnt have time for me and he was getting distant and he offered to hang out the next day.

But then I broke up with him cause I was hurt cause I kinda felt like he prioritized everyone else but me. Am I wrong for doing that? He keeps apologizing but then again he doesn't think hes wrong. 

Am I being toxic or am I right? Please help :(

Uhhhh we’re actually 25. But with work and stuff its hard to “hang out” or see each other. 

Since he's really busy sleeping with his Xbox when not out with his friends, I suggest you find someone who values your companionship.

Your relationship sounds SOOOOO fvcking boring. And I feel like you are partially to blame for this too. How often do you 2 have sex? Like once a month lol?

Sorry, but no great loss in my opinion. And you are partially to blame for this too, because you seem like a bland person yourself. 

• Ricky

Yea your doing good until he learns a lesson you can take him back. But hold on for like a month 

Your post sounds like you are six.  Seriously?  If you are a grown woman and you and your boyfriend of eight years "hang out" once a week, then you don't have a relationship.  That's what middle school kids do.

After eight years together, you should know whether or not you want to be with this man on a daily basis and move forward in a more permanent relationship or not. If this isn't what you envisioned, then you are already about six years late in moving on.

• Lili

You've been together for 8 years?  Since when? You were 8 or something?

I'm sorry, but you sound about 15 or 16 -- your writing is very juvenile.  And "hang out" -- is that really what people together for 8 years do?  You keep repeating the phrase.  What sort of real relationship did you two have if was all just about "hanging out"?

You seem VERY immature, and so does he, so I suggest that breaking up is a good thing, because you're obviously so young.  You both need to mature, have experiences with other people, and perhaps eventually, you'll be ready for a genuinely adult relationship with a future.

Yes he’s neglecting you 

That pussy need attention 

Dump that clown and find a man