Remember when playstation was under maintenance 2011?

Favorite Answer

Yeah I was in middle school and COD was the biggest thing ever that time., in my opinion . mw2, black ops, mw3 were some of the greatest games ever made.. ... When PSN shut down all of us 12/13 year old boys were so pissed off, it sucked.. all of us had ps3s because in like 2009 the ps3 slim came out at just 299.. and nobody wanted an xbox because our parents were to cheap to pay for online, and the blu ray player and media capabilities made it easier to convince our parents to buy 

It was shortly after Portal 2 was released for PS3.  I purposefully didn't buy the Steam version and got the PS3 version knowing that I could link the purchase to my Steam library and basically get the PC version for free.

I was able to do that link on day-1 and it worked.

Then the outage happened so anyone who didn't do that in the first few days was unable to do it until PSN was back up and running.

Also, other Sony servers were shut down. Everquest, who was run by Sony Online Entertainment at the time, was also down.  My wife played (and still does today) so she didn't have a game to play for a while.  Tried World of Warcraft and didn't like it as much.

no, i dont remember that