Jack asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

How do i kill bamboo?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You missed it his year.

But an old farmers trick, which surprisingly works, what ever you mow/cut down on August 21 to 23 will not grow back. It worked for me with Johnson grass.

• 2 months ago

I had a bamboo and used round up...and it hasnt come back,

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

dig it up can accomplish the task  Hum . Kill means its LIVING

• 2 months ago

Hire some good Gardening Services or Fold-up your sleeves and start working on un-rooting the plant in your spare time !

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Cut it back to the ground, let new growth get about 16” high and spray it with round up.  You will likely need to spray with round up a few times as new shoots try to grow.

When using round up remember it’s a toxin and will kill pretty much any plant it gets on and is also bad for pets, wildlife and people.

Once the bamboo is dead you’ll still have to dig up the roots, so you may want to just dig it out.

In my area bamboo stalks and timber are popular for building and making garden trellises, etc.  I often see cut bamboo listed for sale, for free or “come dig this up and you can have it” on craigslist.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Round up on the green leaves and green stem and let them die.  It takes awhile to suck the poison down to the root, but it will.  Pull out the dead sticks next year.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Dig it up and sell it.

• 2 months ago

buy a panda bear

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Shoot them.....

• 2 months ago

you dont, they want to live too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.