Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Will I be able to press charges against my neighbor?

My 13 year old daughter got on my neighbor's motorcycle while he was trying to leave to go somewhere. He asked her to get off, but she told him no. He became more stern and told her to get off, but when she refused for the second time, he yanked her off of his vehicle by pulling her arm which ended up leaving a bruise. I'm thinking about reporting him to the police, will I be able to press charges? 

You Can, yes, but think long term. Is he  a hardcore biker that may resent the action,  be a bad neighbor now for eternity? Or is it better you discipline Your child, tell her others' property isn't her " toy" and the neighbor Asked Politely, twice, you get off, for Your own Safety? A sit down meeting with him is far more positive. If the girl Fell and was  hurt, think of the Biker---a  liabilrty lawsuit? Does he have Homeowner's insurance? the girl Was trespassing.

In My case, I'm  Friends with them. If one played on my Harley (and it  wasn't running nor did I need to go anywhere), I'd  be flattered but make sure she did not slip or fall. . 

Only the District Attorney can press charges.  It's that simple.

I doubt you're the District Attorney.  File a Police Report.  A Court will decide whether or not your imaginary child is in need of supervision.

• Foofa

No. Get your child under control. Parents like you are the reason people are burning down police stations. 

• Alan H

Far better to start by educating your daughter 

It sounds like you need to teach your kid basic etiquette rules.

Yes, so long as you have sufficient physical evidence for justice to be served.

No.  And teach your daughter to be more respectful.