Why do I always get a headache while drinking?

I like to drink on occasion, but it’s frustrating because I always start to get a headache early on. I pace myself pretty well and I always drink a lot of water on the side, but it only takes a drink or two for me to start getting a headache. It doesn’t matter what kind of alcohol it is, but I’ve found that whiskey gives me the worst headache out of them all. Is there something I can do to help prevent this or is it maybe a physical thing with just me? Comments saying just stop drinking or anything negative will be dismissed. Nothing wrong with having a drink on occasion if you’re being responsible.

• n2mama

I find that I get headaches with cheap alcohol. Like, I really enjoy hard ciders, but the cheaper ones give me a headache. Higher quality liquor doesn’t have the same impact. So it may be that you need to go top shelf on the occasions you do drink.

They're migraines not headaches Sarah .. 

• CB

It might be an allergic reaction to alcohol.