What kind of bras should be avoided during pregnancy?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You should wear a bra that fits and is comfortable, regardless of reproductive status.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If it is comfortable - wear it.

It is it not comfortable - don't wear it.

It really is that simple.  Don't over think this.  

Your bra size might also change during pregnancy.  How much it changes can't be predicted.  Just the cup size might change or the cup and band size might change.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any bra that is too small should be avoided during pregnancy (or at any other time).

• MissA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ones that are uncomfortable to wear.

The category of "bras that are uncomfortable to wear," unfortunately, tends to expand during that time frame.  Expect to do some shopping.

But there's no particular type of bra that is unhealthy for you or your baby.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I couldnt wear underwired bras at all when pregnant with my 2.

I ended up wearing sports bras through most of it 

• LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Anything that feels uncomfortable. You can still wear underwires and sexy lingerie if you prefer to, but if your breasts are noticeably larger or heavier or more sensitive and a comfy stretchy bra feels better, it's handy to have some of those, too.

The time when you need to avoid certain kinds of bras is while breastfeeding. Underwire bras and bras that are too confining can encourage milk duct blockages, which can lead to mastitis. Normal bras also are not very convenient for breastfeeding, but you can find nursing bras that look pretty much like normal bras. No need to buy many until you've actually established breastfeeding, though, since your breasts may change size quite a bit in the first few months postpartum.

• 2 months ago

Uncomfortable ones.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.