Why do so many people like to give every cop they see the benefit of the doubt ?

A cop who broke someone's arm or groped a woman during a traffic stop is getting free coffee and food at places! It makes me sick. 

• Judith

I give almost everyone I meet the benefit of the doubt - until or if they prove otherwise.

In spite of all the police brutality we've been seeing, I still think that the vast majority of policemen and women are NOT racists and do NOT brutalize people.  I still believe that the vast majority really do want to serve and protect ALL of us.

And yes, the brutality not only makes me sick but it also makes me feel sad and ineffectual because I don't know what I can personally do to make things better.

Racism in the US has gotten out of hand.  I don't think it's worse than it's been but I do believe that people like Trump give racists permission to act out their hatred toward people of color.  We have a leader who has made that kind of behavior acceptable - seemingly.

I will be voting against people like Trump because he has made America worse - not better.  He has brought out the worst in people.