Is MacBook a good laptop for school?

I have no knowledge of electronics/techno loft. I’m starting school in a month (nursing) and would like a decent laptop for virtual classes and homework/studying. It says 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory. Is that enough? I would hate for it to freeze on me in the middle of class (zoom). It also says 256GB SSD storage. I have no idea the difference between the 2 and when I google it I just get more confused. Can someone please explain it to me. Thanks

Personally, I think your just paying for the brand. You can get a much cheaper windows 10 laptop that will perform the same tasks. I don't even like mac os as it feels like a free copy of a Linux distro.

That is more than enough for homework and zoom. As long as you have a good internet connection, you will do fine. SSD storage is fast and that is where your programs and files will be stored. You have made an excellent choice. If still concerned, you might want to contact the school bookstore to see what general recommendations they have for students.