Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Is it still unrequited love if you keep thinking about someone but didnt want to date them?

I used to really like this guy but i never wanted to date him because i thought he really loved himself. I also didnt like the fact that he wasnt working and i would most likely end up having to pay for everything if we did date. However I was really attracted to him physically and we used to see each other a lot and smile and wave at each other and chat sometimes but it was awkward for me as i liked him so much.

The thing is this was a few years ago since we communicated and seen each other. I stopped talking to him or even saying hi and he got upset about that. But at that stage he had a gf anyway.

I still havnt moved on in the sense that i think about him every single day. I know we wouldnt have been a good match and he never asked me out anyway.

So what do you call this? Is it an obsession or what is it?

I cant meet anyone else since its a lockdown but its rare i go out anyway so not much chance of me meeting anyone.

Favorite Answer

It's whatever you want to call it. 

It's "unrequited love" if you love him and he does not love you back.