What superheroes and supervillans were popular in the '80s that weren't DC or Marvel characters?

Hi. I'm curious and I'm doing some research on this. What superheroes and supervillains were popular in the '80s that weren't DC or Marvel characters? In any medium - animation, comics, video games, shows, movies, etc.?

The only ones I can think of off-hand were He-Man and his allies and Skeletor and his allies, and the Thundercats and Mumm-ra, the original TMNT and their allies and Shredder and his allies and henchmen.

What about Buck Rogers? Flash Gordon? Flash fought Ming the Merciless. Was Ming considered a supervillain?

I don't know too much about the villains Buck fought.

Please help. Thank you.

Hi Steve Guy. I wanted names of superhero and supervillain characters that were popular in the '80s that weren't DC or Marvel characters, specifically, from ANY medium. I wasn't looking for names of specific comics.

None that I know of. Thank goodness that Wonder Woman has been made an actuall woman and not just a sexual piece of meat. Gal Gadot is sooooo fine

Most popular 80s comics that aren't Marvel or DC? Well like you said Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created in the 80s and were instantly a smash hit. Plus there were comics such as Grimjack and The Badger and The Elementals which some people say were Marvel and DC ripoffs but can stand on their own as fun reads. Also Watchmen is the highest selling comic of all time. Yes its published by DC, but all the characters are based on the comics from another company called Charlton Comics. Characters like The Question, Blue Beetle and Capatain Atom who were purchased by DC in the mid 80s but in the early 80s were still owned by Charlton. Also if you count manga as comics you could include popular series such as Dragon Ball, Fist of the North Star and Jojo's Bizzare Adventure. Plus the popular British character Judge Dredd had one of his most popular stories, the Apocalypse War, in the 80s.