Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Im afraid of my future does getting arrested mean i wont find a job ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Tepee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most applications only ask if you were ever convicted of a felony.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You’re afraid FOR your future...i think your lack of the English language is what’s holding you back and not your criminal record. Also what an employer is looking for is WHY you have a criminal record.  If you want to work in a bank but you went to prison for stealing money i can say you’re not going to be hired

• 1 month ago

Yes .. at least not a good one 

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You will be able to find a factory job, busting your hump for a little better than minimum wage, summers are hot, winters are cold, when you get a review they talk to you like an ape can be trained to do your job, but when a pandemic strikes, you are a vital worker who has to be at work and they won't let you use vacation time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

getting arrested means nothing when it comes to finding a job. being a convicted felon makes it a bit more difficult

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It depends on whether you were convicted and what the conviction was for. It might mean that large corporations that do background tests won't hire you. Or that government agencies won't hire you. Small companies often don't do background checks and the majority of them only go back 7-10 years. However, some do go back further. Best to be straight up with the hiring manager and tell them that you have a conviction for xyz. But it depends what you do. Certain industries may not care. Small businesses may not care. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.