Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Sweden Now Has a Lower Infection and Mortality Rate Than All Of Europe With No Masks or Lockdowns?

No masks, no lockdowns, open schools, cases almost to zero, hospitals nearly empty. What does that tell you? https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-covid-19-death-rat...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not the true picture, if you research it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Swedish citizens have been more adult and disciplined than citizens of other countries in working from home where possible, in social distancing and in avoiding unnecessary travel. They have adhered to bans on gatherings of more than 50 people and visits to nursing homes and senior schools and universities have been closed.

People in the UK at least lack the same discipline which is why so many COVID-19 clusters have been associated with bars where social distancing has been totally ignored by drinkers. There have also been outbreaks in UK towns with large immigrant populations with three generations living in small houses being common.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They're comparing it to three of the hardest hit countries in Europe, and Sweden is right up there with them.  The proper comparison is to other Scandinavian countries nearby.  Those countries have far lower infection and death rates.  And, they're also doing bettr economically.  This shows the complete failure of Sweden's policy.  They let a lot of people die for nothing.

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It tells you they know how to social distance in Sweden.  It tells you they had a low initial infection rate before responding to the crisis.  It says the citizens cooperated for the common good.

They had no more knowledge, no more science, no more insight into the virus, just more collective common sense.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Countries are taking turns at having high rates of infection and death. The Swedes are taking a break is all that's going on at present. No worries – they'll be back.

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well, let's take a peek at the death rate. I have a suspicion infections might not be reported as well as deaths are. Sweden is Number 8, even worse than the USA at number 10, in death rates. (See source). That said, I believe they did do a good job on social distancing, or it would have been worse. Masks have been proven to help. Wear a mask. And keep your distance from people. Please. (When using my source sort by death rate / million in descending order. Click the heading.)

• 2 months ago

That this Wuhan virus scam was a scam to frighten and control people and that Democrats are ecstatic to have an excuse to destroy America's economy.

Did four pathetic, feeble Liberals take offence at my opinion

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.