Could someone give me college and high school advice?

Could someone please give me advice about what to do about extracurriculars and how to pick a college?

I am currently a junior in high school for the 2020-21 school year and I have good grades (4.0 unweighted I believe) but I have no extracurriculars or anything that really makes me stand out. I know colleges like to see more than grades but I really don’t know what to do. I have no hobbies and my school doesn’t offer any type of extracurriculars. If it makes a difference I go to a hs on a college campus and will graduate with my hs diploma and associates degree. I know that may not be good enough since I want to become a pediatrician and want to go to a good college (probably because my whole family seeS me as the smart child and I want to maintain that image).

I also have no idea what college I want to go to but I don’t want to stay in Maryland (where I live). I’d prefer to stay on the east side of the U.S and I like the thought of school in NY but it’s quite expensive. For school in New York I just like the thought of Manhattan and other big cities. 

Could someone give me any info or advice about how to pick a school and stand out for applications? Thank you in advance (sorry for how long this is).

First of all, plan on taking the SAT or ACT exams if they are offered. Many schools are no longer requiring them, but if you do well on the exams, it will give your application a boost. It's hard to believe that your school doesn't offer ANY student activities. But if your school is located on a college campus such as UMBC or Towson, you have the ability to join in on campus clubs or activities that you are interested in (since no one takes attendance or checks your I.D. at places like that). You can also develop and pursue some interests off-campus. You could learn to play the guitar or another instrument. You could volunteer on local political campaigns or archeology digs or work as a docent at one of the area museums. The purpose of extracurriculars is to demonstrate leadership, achievement and the ability to do something other than just study (and play video games in your spare time). Large state universi ties such as Maryland-College Park and the U. of Delaware will admit students primarily based on grades and test scores. But private colleges and universities will also be looking at your essay, teacher recommendations and extracurriculars.

Some schools to consider:

UVA

William & Mary

Virginia Tech

U. of North Carolina-Chapel Hill

Duke 

UMD-Chapel Hill

Georgetown

George Washington

Johns Hopkins (an excellent school to go to if you want to go to med school)

U. of Pittsburgh

U. of Pennsylvania

Barnard

Columbia

NYU

U. of Rochester

Tufts

Boston U.

Boston College

Cornell

Princeton

Harvard

Yale

Some of these schools are not in big cities, so you'll have to decide how important that is to you. If you are studying hard to get into med school, you may not need/want the distractions (or cost) of a big city.