Birth control and rhinoplasty?

So I’m getting a rhinoplasty is less than a month and the surgeon says I don’t need to stop my birth control pill, but it could cause blood clots. I want to trust him since he has a ton of experience, but I’ve always heard to go off birth control before a surgery. 

• Edna

You heard wrong.  There is no reason you would have to go off birth control just because you're having surgery on your nose.

You might develop some small blood clots in your nose immediately after surgery (that's almost to be expected), but those aren't the kind of  blood clots that might develop in an artery after surgery. THOSE are the kind of blood clots that are dangerous. It's remotely  possible to develop one of those clots  following any kind of surgery - whether you're taking birth control pills or whether you're not.  

No, it is not necessary to go off BC, your doc is correct

• MissA

From whom have you heard this that you think is smarter than your doctor?

You "heard" wrong.

• kelvin

how about you listen to the person doing the surgery