Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 2 months ago

How do We Stop These Stupid Virus Messages?

I share my computer with another person and she's been having trouble with Facebook lately. When she tries to go on Facebook, she instead arrives at a page that says our computer has a virus and then the computer gets stuck there and I have to turn it off and turn it back on again. This doesn't happen every time, but the thing is, our computer doesn't actually have a virus. It's just a scam. Every time this has happened, we've done exactly what the message told us not to do and everything was right as rain, at least until it happened again. How do we stop these virus scam messages? If anyone knows, please tell us.

• Daniel

If your getting Strange Messages with Viruses in them dont click on the Link just Delete the Message should you Accidentally Click on one of the Links change your Password

Notify your Friend that they may have a Virus on there Facebook

You did not tell us what browser you are using.  But normally that means that you have something download in the temporary files of the browser that is taking you back to the page.  You will need to clear the cache/temporary files for your browser.  Unfortunately the process if different for IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.  Sio without knowing the browser I can not give a step by step for doing that.  Google "how to delete temp files in {your broswer}" and you will find instructions.

• Adrian

You have some form of malware, one that is hijacking your browser. Run a full malware scan (Malwarebytes anti-malware is a good one).