Who are actors that are really talented but are still known for their “good looks” more than their acting abilities?

In your opinion?

Favorite Answer

Brad Pitt for sure. Leonardo DiCaprio is a bold actor not afraid of any role but still better known for his boyish looks. George Clooney too. Emma Stone has that Old Hollywood glamour girl look but is also willing to take on challenging roles. Same with Hallie Berrie, Nicole Kidman and Scarlett Johansson. But at the peak of all is Charlize Theron. She gained 40 pounds and had full make-under for the film Monster and won an Oscar for everything she did for the role. And when she isn't a murderer or Furiosa or trained assassin or fairytale evil Queen she's stunningly gorgeous. 

Brad Pitt leaps to mind. (And Tom Cruise does not.) Others include Christian Bale (who definitely isn't afraid to turn himself ugly for a role), Charlie Hunnam (always a shock to hear the Sons of Anarchy guy be British), Idris Elba (another one whose breakout role had him playing an American), Michael B. Jordan.

And we mustn't overlook the women. Scarlett Johansen, Halle Barry, and Charlize Therona are lovely, but they all have serious acting skills and will be working when their beauty has faded.

All handsome actors......... 

• Linda

Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt definitely!

• Lili

I think Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman haven't received as much praise for their acting skills as they should.  Kidman did win an Oscar for "The Hours," but because of the prosthetic make-up she wore for that, I think people forget she was in it.

Among men, Pierce Brosnan has always been known as a pretty face.  His serious roles haven't gotten as much attention as they ought to.

Does it have to be my opinion? I'd much rather state the opinion of my uncle Dave. Would that do? Cheers.

• Rick

most all younger women ...............................