Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

Can I use something other than egg to get my flour/spice mix to stick to my fried chicken?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • JOHN B
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

I shouldn't give out my secret recipe, but I don't believe the masses would even try it.

Soak chicken overnight in La. hot sauce. Crystal or Louisiana (TM) brands are best. Not tabasco or any other type sauce.

Dregde in flour as normal. Fry. Perfect chicken. Authorized by a connoisseur and used in a restaurant menu.

• 4 months ago

Buttermilk,melted butter,olive oil dredge first then dredge thru flour.

• denise
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Buttermilk,  if you steep the chicken pieces in it for 30 minutes [or a little longer] you can then toss it in your flour / coating, it works well and tastes good on the finished chicken.

• 4 months ago

sure. milk, water, a mix of oil..look up vegan breading for frying.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You can try buttermilk. That will allow breading to stick. But, couple of tips: Shake off the excess breading. Do not stack the chicken on top of each other on a plate-put it in the frying oil right away. Season chicken well before breading-so it doesn't just slide off. 

• 4 months ago

If you're using a heavy coating like corn flakes, you're pretty much stuck with egg whites. For a normal breading I spray my foods with olive oil and air fry.

• John
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

And yogurt.....

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Mustard, milk, buttermilk.

• 4 months ago

Buttermilk.   

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Honey. Maple syrup. Glue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.