Stalker keeps pouring water in my gas tank! What's a good car alarm that will prevent this?

I wanted to just buy a fuel cap lock but the guy at the auto parts store said if he really wanted to get into it he could just break it off. He said my best bet is to get car alarm sensors so I can place one inside the fuel door so it goes off if it's opened. I have no idea where to look or what to look for. If anyone knows that would be really helpful, and before any of you suggest I get a protective order or involve the police I've already done both of those things and neither has helped.

Get a locking cap and a dash cam. hide the cam best you can .Then when the twerp comes to vandalize your car You'll have what you need to handle the situation 

Start with a locking cap, they're cheap enough and will deter any casual fiddler.  Yes, someone who is determined could wrench it off with tools, but few are.  The guy at the parts store hasn't got a clue.  It would be possible to mount a plunger switch connected to your alarm to detect if the flap is opened but that would require a) an alarm system, and b) someone who understands alarms to do it. 

Go to a better auto parts store that does not hire imbeciles and buy a locking gas cap. 

Make friends with a mechanic, or an electrician, or do a little research on the old interweb. Have them show you how to wire and charge a capacitor. Lighting someone up with a few volts has a way of discouraging them from messing with you or your belongings. Good luck !

Cameras..    or add Lipton Lemonade mix first,, before the water...

A locking gas cap is cheaper than any alarm system. Locking caps were big in the 1970s when the first gas crisis hit. Thieves were siphoning gas from cars at night.

Record them with a security camera, then have them arrested. Better yet, have some thugs beat the crap out of them.

Buy a locking gas cap at the dealer so you know it will seal properly and not cause an emission code. It's extremely hard to get a locking gas cap off! The dude at the auto parts store sounds like a Moron.

I find it hard to see what an alarm will do if they still have time to get some water in there they will do it. I say try a lock first.

• JJ

You could try the locking gas cap first, since they only cost $10-$15.