Should I Buy a used BMW 4 series 16 plate now? Or should I wait for Until after the new mode is released?

I’m thinking of buying a used bmw 4 series 420d m sport for around £15000. But I’m aware the face lift Model is coming in October this year 2020. Should I wait till October and see if the older models depreciate further or shall I go ahead and buy this car? 

If they do depreciate will I be saving a lot or is something in the regions of £100-£200. 

Any answers or advice would be appreciated. 

• F
    5 days ago

I doubt if a 4 year old car would be massively affected by a new model.

I’d go for a 435d for a bit more money. The performance is incredible. Better still if it has X drive.

• Peter

Dealers will be keen to sell the new models as soon as they come out, so, to encourage S4 owners to buy the new model, they will give generous part exchange values to S4 models. So, you could find, that for a period, the older models will be worth more, not less.

have you seen the new 4 series?   its as ugly as hell with that extra large grill ..i would not buy it just for its looks ..nor will many ..you are old enough to make your own decisions 

And if you wait until next year, there will be even more depreciation.

If the new model is introduced in Oct. Prices for the present model won't fall immediately. It will take at least a couple of months. If you can wait then you may save. But that means you will be waiting at least 5 months. (I tried to like that car but I just think its a bit homely)