Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

I keep getting billed for the same traffic ticket I paid off 8 months ago? Keep getting threatened to suspend license until I pay?

It’s honestly ridiculous. 9 months ago I got a traffic ticket and I got like a $70 ticket. I paid it off immediately once it was posted online and then like 4 months later or something, I got a letter in the mail saying I never paid off my ticket. I go to the website and it says I have like $5 remaining on the ticket I somehow never paid off. So I pay the remaining amount. And like a month later I moved completely across the country for work and now I get another letter saying my license will be suspended if I don’t pay off the fine by certain date. I go online and I see ANOTHER bill for the same ticket for like $8, it’s like wtf is going on? I don’t even live in that state anymore and I’m still getting tickets from them 

It’s like where are they coming off with these random amounts to bill me? It goes from $70 to $5 to $8, and I have all the email receipts for that ticket saying it’s paid off, and somehow they keep adding more to the ticket and threatening to suspend my license 

Actually they do email receipts if you click the option to email proof of payment

Have you tried actually asking them what is going on?  They'd know, we don't.

I don't know WHAT you paid, but it WAS NOT the citation.

You have NO e-mail receipts because they don't send receipts by e-mail.