Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

I keep getting billed for the same traffic ticket I paid off 8 months ago? Keep getting threatened to suspend license until I pay?

It’s honestly ridiculous. 9 months ago I got a traffic ticket and I got like a $70 ticket. I paid it off immediately once it was posted online and then like 4 months later or something, I got a letter in the mail saying I never paid off my ticket. I go to the website and it says I have like $5 remaining on the ticket I somehow never paid off. So I pay the remaining amount. And like a month later I moved completely across the country for work and now I get another letter saying my license will be suspended if I don’t pay off the fine by certain date. I go online and I see ANOTHER bill for the same ticket for like $8, it’s like wtf is going on? I don’t even live in that state anymore and I’m still getting tickets from them 

Update:

It’s like where are they coming off with these random amounts to bill me? It goes from $70 to $5 to $8, and I have all the email receipts for that ticket saying it’s paid off, and somehow they keep adding more to the ticket and threatening to suspend my license 

Update 2:

Actually they do email receipts if you click the option to email proof of payment

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Have you tried actually asking them what is going on?  They'd know, we don't.

• 2 months ago

I don't know WHAT you paid, but it WAS NOT the citation.

You have NO e-mail receipts because they don't send receipts by e-mail.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.