Is it worth getting an RDNA card?

Now that the RDNA 2 is on the horizon with Ray Tracing?

Do you think Ray Tracing is worth it or is it all hype?

Favorite Answer

Both next gen consoles will support ray tracing, so I'd say that it's here to stay. Ray tracing on the RTX 20xx cards was sort of a trial run to see how viable it was.  While performance with ray-tracing enabled tend to take a hit, it did add some nice visuals when implemented correctly.  Supposedly  the new Ampere cards will have much improved ray-tracing performance, and I expect RDNA 2 to take advantage of what AMD has learned with PS5/Xbox Series X development and turn it up for their new cards (where cost and power consumption aren't as important as they are for consoles), and get good ray tracing performance as well.

I have a GTX 1080 in my gaming PC, it's served me well, but I'm ready to make the jump into 4k and I'm very interested to see if the GTX 3080/3080ti/3090 or AMD's new cards can really deliver a solid 4k gaming experience.