Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

Why does my grandma constantly remind me of the drinking age?

Every time I see my grandma she reminds me that the drinking age happens to be 21. She also likes to point out that I have not yet reached that age and therefore am not legally permitted to drink. As you can imagine I am already aware of my age and the legal drinking age. It kind of bothers me how she is just constantly rubbing it in my face. If a family member is on probation and is unable to drink you don’t rub it in their face but rather support them if needed. She is also constantly questioning what I am drinking. For example, I will tell her I am drinking a half and half. Which is 1/2 tea and 1/2 lemonade. It is also known as an Arnold Palmer. But she will say “oh is that 1/2 whiskey 1/2 water?” Well no grandma it’s not, if I had whiskey I would be laying in a ditch right now as your constant blabbering would pressure me into drinking the whole bottle. I would never actually say that. I love my grandma it’s just that kinda annoys me. Ya know?

• polly
    Favorite Answer

Because family get a kick out of lording it over us.

Trust me,it doesn't stop when you reach legal age either.

You'll be at a special occasion or get together & even if you only have one drink & you're well below the legal limit to still be able to drive they'll question how many you've had, like we're irresponsible imbeciles.

tell your nana that the legal drinking age in canada is 19, and 18 in alberta,manitoba and quebec. weed is legal too. too bad you can't cross the border anytime soon.

Are you sure you and grandma know the drinking age? In over half of the US states it is completely legal to drink underage in circumstances like at home with parents (so simply at private residences). And I think all states (maybe not 1 or 2) it is legal to drink for religious purposes (i.e. taking wine at communion).

So look up the laws in your specific state and maybe you can teach Grandma something

• hihi!

Because Grandpa is missing HIS sauce, and Grandma is trying to play Nancy Drew and see if YOU are making off with Paw-paw's white lightning.

Maybe he drinks it too fast for Grandma, and he says "someone is hittin' my corn likker", it ain't ME.

You have a lot of growing up to do, just with this post I can tell you're not mature enough to drink alcohol - Even if you were of legal drinking age.

I bet you're the kid posting about underage drinking.