person asked in HealthMental Health · 3 months ago

im 14 and not aloud to go outside alone.?

they say cause im female, and theyre worried ill be raped. but we live in a nice neighbourhood. i just wanted to have a nice picnic at a nature park alone... i have a phone. it kinda sucks. and im unsure of what to do.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

1)  Please learn to spell. The word is "allowed", not "aloud" (a loud ~the noise).

2)  Girls can be kidnapped and/or raped in any location including "nice areas". If your parents are strict, ask for an adult to be with you at your picnic

• 3 months ago

People are harsh on here. Don't they understand that everyone deserves unconditional respect. Hurt people hurt others. And harsh words can lead to a downfall in people's mental health leading them to become untrustworthy of people, killing people, or committing suicide.

As for going outside. I would try to seek an adult to accompany you if your parents are that strict. Do you have any other family members? Also, remember it is a pandemic. 

By the way, you can also educate them in the fact that not letting you have freedom is not good for your mental health. Do some research on how kids are affected when parents do not give kids their own space.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

In my day a 14 year old would have known the difference between aloud and allowed.

Your problem is rampant stupidity and a desperate need for attention no matter what lies you have to tell to get it.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Ah well you've got a phone so that's OK then. Also girls never ever get raped in 'nice neighbourhoods'. If you were my daughter I would kick you up the @rse. Read the news dumbo. Rape and murder of young girls happens regularly. So why do you think you are excluded from the risk? You have no clue because you lack wisdom. Your parents are 100% right. Try to grasp that fact and you will live a happy and long life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.