Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

are more blacks killed by police because they are more likely to commit a crime which is why they were in police custody in the first place?

if they were less likely to commit a crime that would make less of them in police custody and less would being dying at the hands of the police

No, it's just blacks more indicted than whites. Partly due to poor witnesses--"they look alike" and racism in the system. In my state, 4% of pop is black yet 40% of prison population is black. In many cases, if you are indicted, the jury "assumes" cops are right and convict even if evidence not there. 

A friend had a part-black GF, if she saw a cop car, she'd get ID ready. He'd question her, Why? She said, "Well, you being white, you dont get the same treatment."

in America more whites are killed by police.

I don't break the law therefore I have no interaction with the Police and if I ever did I would not be disrespectful, I would be compliant nor would I resist.

• Foofa

More blacks than Asians are killed by police, so maybe that's the stat you're looking at. But compared to "whites" (even if you don't include Caucasian Hispanics as white), more whites are killed by police annually than are blacks. Not sure how anyone could actually believe that a mere 13% of the population produces more police involved deaths than the majority 73% of the population. The math just doesn't work. You just don't get to read about it when non black people are killed by cops. 

bad logic. People may die in police custody but that does not lead to police killing the felons while in custody. Blacks die in police custody because they resist arrest. Blacks die in dconfrontations with police because a black's ego will not allow him to surrender ["Must fight whitey."]

No its because inbred racist scum love to join the police.