what should the washington football teams new name be?

I think it should be the washington monuments 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

How about...The Washington Social Justice Warriors, or the DC Kneelers?

The Washington DC Peaceful Protestor football team?

• David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Tighty Whities

• 1 month ago

Washington Wishy-Washies

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Washington Red Rumps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

how about  " We Gave in to Social Media "

• 1 month ago

The Washington Forked Tongues.

• Lester
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

The washington cowgirls

• 1 month ago

Of the names suggested, I think I like Washington Sentinels most but I thought it was going to be the Washington Americans. 

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Maybe they should keep the Redskins name and change their logo to a potato.  That way they can keep the name Redskins, and the new logo would represent the level of intelligence their football operations people have had lately.  

• 1 month ago

Monuments?  Ehhh...no thanks.  It's just not an active enough name.

Warriors was reportedly Snyder's favorite for years, and he even held the trademark for a time.  But he let it lapse and the trademark squatter bought it up.  Also, the PC stormtroopers have already signaled that this won't be good enough and they'll protest it as well.  I also don't like it - too generic.

RedTails has been proposed and Snyder reportedly likes it.  My problem with it is that it refers specifically to the Tuskegee Airmen and for those who know how to read a map, Tuskegee is in ALABAMA, which is quite far from Washington DC.  If not for that, I would LOVE it to be RedTails.

RedWolves has been floating around, and there is a geographic connection because the Red Wolf, now endangered, has a natural range that includes the entire mid-atlantic.  They aren't actually here NOW, but conservation efforts to reintroduce them are under way.  Also, there are no canine NFL mascots.  

I personally like PigSkins because it's football oriented, blends with the 'hogs' nickname, and you can keep using Skins as a shortened moniker.  But I've seen no articles implying that this is even under consideration.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.