Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 2 months ago

Could the Boogeyman, Viscera and Rikishi been added in the list of Monster Wrestlers turned into jokes?

Boogeyman was never a joke.

• Candle

Boogeyman was never not a joke.  Rikish was great in the Wild Samoans, but he definitely got way more over as part as Too Cool, so it's hard to call him a joke.  They also tried to make him a 'bad man' but fans just didn't buy into it.

Viscera had a pretty decent monster run in his last run in the company as Big Daddy V.  He kind of started out as a joke with M.O.M., so it's hard to say him turning into Visagra post-Ministry was really a step down from where he'd been before.  

• Adam

Rikishi as a face was actually entertaining though and genuinely getting over. In the attitude era he was one of my favourite wrestlers and I'd have loved to have seen him in the main event as a face. His heel turn killed him. So with him, no as he was over.

Viscera and boogeyman were jokes and I hated both