The Beatles are overrated?

51 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

the audience says how well loved they were 

https://youtu.be/jenWdylTtzs

Youtube thumbnail

• 4 months ago

A few years ago I heard that someone who took the time to crunch the numbers, and do a comparative study of the endurance of the tunes the beatles put out, and his conclusion was that the total volume of pretty good songs was up there around the output of Beethoven, and Mozart, (for output nobody holds a candle to Bach) and taken as a group, and that the truly great songs that we might still be using in 200-300 years, is if not Mozart, at least comparable to Vivaldi, List, Schubert, Brahms etc.  Somebody in the western world that can't at least recognize a Beatles tune, either doesn't have access to recorded music, has been born sometime in the 21st century, and would be about as likely to fail to recognize Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik or Beethoven's fifth!

• 4 months ago

No but the monkeys were.

• Tony B
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

I, like just about everyone who knows anything about The Beatles, disagree with your statement and I wonder why you feel the need to make it about a band that split up fifty years ago!

When you say, “overrated” what rating system are you referring to? “Overrated” by who? Do you mean by everyone else and that you know better than everyone else?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

I think the Beatles were good but compared to how people talk about them they are overrated

• 4 months ago

Not really, especially for those of us who were there to fully understand the times. It's not so much about the songs as it is the history that it is tied to. 50's Rock is still great to listen to, but it means more if you understand it was revolutionary for its time.

• 4 months ago

No not really because they gave a whole new sound to the music, And St Pepper changed Album sales from then on.

• 4 months ago

wasnt the Beatles the start of the drug issue in America ?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Not at all, The Beatles were great and in their day there was no one to approach them in creativity and beautiful music. They released 5 albums in 2 years and 2 months. Awesome. Unmatched.

• 4 months ago

No but the worship by many elites are overrated. There are many great bands during their time were also good like Can and the Kinks

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.