Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Am I realistic to be hopeful that COVID-19 wise things will be back to normal in America by Christmas this year?

Like to be hopeful that I can visit family for Christmas this year and not be worried about people not wanting to see me due to coronavirus.  

Favorite Answer

No, it is not realistic. There is no data to suggest that there will be a vaccine widely available before some time in 2021.  Unless there is a huge breakthrough in understanding exactly how to prevent infection and spread, the current precautions will continue to be recommended by the health community.  Add to that that any mayor or governor could react or overreact and reinstitute stay-at-home or other measures, and it isn't likely people will be "back to normal" any time soon. 

• kelvin

nope just a troll

Not a chance in hell.