Why are movie and TV producers so upset with Netflix for letting people adjust viewing speed?

These people are claiming that Netflix is destroying their creations, as if the platform is editing out scenes and rewriting dialogue. LITERALLY all Netflix is doing is giving viewers the OPTION to slow down or speed up movies/TV shows. All content will be shown it its original format by default. 

Seriously, what’s wrong with these people?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/netflixs-latest-innovat...

Because pacing matters, on the screen and on the page.

I don't think it's the end of the world, but I can understand the creators' objections to showing the movie or show in any way other than intended.

• Robert

I guess they don't want Tom Cruise sped up any more than he usually is.  It might make him look effeminate when the voice goes higher.  Or it could make him seem less manly when slowed down so you can notice the lift shoes.. 

😄

...............

They consider their junk food to be "art" that must be consumed in a certain way.