Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

I work 60-70 hours a week. Do I have enough time to flip houses part time?

I have $200,000 to put towards it.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Only if you do it from your arm chair and sub out all of the work. There is not enough time for you to maintain your current 60 to 70 hour work week and then put in enough hours to make flipping a house all by yourself profitable. By doing all the work yourself, it will take so much time that you will be wasting money on property taxes and yard maintenance, suckling up the potential profits.

• dog ma
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NO. Stop watching HGTV and consider investing in a rental property that doesn't need much work. Then find a good property manager and simply add to your monthly income. A flip can be a horrible investment if you don't know what you are doing.

• 2 months ago

No.  You would be exhausted in short order, and dragging out house renovations to flip it would not be smart.  Either get serious about flipping and do it full time and quit your job or forget flipping.

• 2 months ago

If you want to take that kind of risk why not buy a food franchise and hire someone to run it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If you work ten hours per day, seven days per week you probably don't have time to flip houses.  You should probably be buying the best aggressive mutual funds and holding them. 

• 2 months ago

Flipping houses will require a lot of time on your part, even if you hire out all the actual work to contractors you still have to manage everything. You'd be better off putting your money into a passive investment like an S&P Index fund and just letting a broker manage it while you focus on your regular job.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Probably not if you need to take time from your busy day to ask.

• 2 months ago

It depends what your involvement is going to be with flipping houses.

What the turn around time you expect to have

and what resources you have already.

I think the age of "flipping houses" ended 15 years ago.

Do you have connections to get a house before it is listed?  If not, there aren't very many places that you will be able to get a deal on a house that will allow you to make any money flipping. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.