Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 months ago

How do you feel about the name Dariel?

My husband mention Dariel as a possible boy name. I like it because I don't know anyone with this name and it's not popular in America. What are your opinions on this name?

Just so you could see if you sounds right for the first name. The full name would be 

Dariel Vitaly Polishchuk 

My husband is Russian. Which is why the names probably sound a little different lol

Favorite Answer

It’s not horrible. It sounds a bit like a mashup of the boy name Darrel and the girl name Ariel so it sounds slightly made up, but I see why you like it because it’s different. Perhaps chose a more traditional middle name so he could go by that if he wanted? 

Dariel James

Dariel Zachary

Dariel Christopher

If you love the name and raise your boy right, Dariel will be fine.

I like it! It’s not common in America (I don’t think it is anyway) but it’s a good name.

I prefer Demitri Maximilian. 

• Kevin

Unusual, I have never heard it but it ain’t a bad or horrible name

It will most likely get shortened, sometime in life, to Darry/Dary which isn’t that bad either

If someone said to me you have no choice you have to name your son Dariel I’d be happy with it

• Snid

I've never heard it before.  I don't hate it but I don't love it.  It looks like a D stuck in front of Ariel.  It is, however, uncommon AND it's way better than a lot of other names being used.

• blank

It is a good name.

I'm not a fan.  It's a valid name, but I personally think it sounds like someone combined Daniel and Darrel.

I live in UK and never heard of that name and not a name I would choose

• emma

Yes that is a nice name very unusual.

I think I prefer the name Daniel.