Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Religion will one day be a thing of the past. Is that correct?

117 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep.  As more and more people become educated about reality and what is actually possible within reality, then I see religion as going the way of the dinosaur.  It will most likely take another 2000 years, but I see it happening.  Never understood why so many people blindly follow a doctrine that has no proof, evidence or supporting facts.  It's all just superstitious nonsense and woo woo.  Religion is an assumed conclusion based on suspect claims from dubious sources supported by logical fallacies nested within circular reasoning bringing you back to the assumed conclusion.  Fact.

• 1 month ago

Yes; religion will one day, be a thing of the past.  So will atheism and belief systems founded in agnostic !   WHY ?   Simply because religion is what everyone has whatever, his or her "god" is, like, for example, drugs, money, booze, job, career, home, cars, education , etc., etc. !  Genuine Christianity is a spiritual issue - not a religion !    Religion is based in what one does in his or her attempt to appease God, to gain His favour.   Christianity is grace-based in faith - not "works" and God loves you in spite of your works or lack thereof.  You cannot earn God's love or approval because He loves you already, in spite of what you are not.  

• 1 month ago

@Paul - "Not as long as human beings value truth."  I know that you believe the bible and likely are a Christian, and that is because you surely do not understand what's in the bible. I doubt that any other book contains as many out-right lies or just plain false claims as the bible. The OT is nothing but a copy, of copied Egyptian writings that were composed many thousand years before any of the bible stories which contain  various contradictions.. Such lies cannot be what guides human beings, and it is surely not of any value where truth is concerned. If you believe otherwise, you have been fooled.  @ Bobby Jim    ".... a relationship with the living God will always be an issue worth pursuing."  There is nothing now nor anything ever claimed that provides evidence for a god thingie.   @David, we already understand how that god thingie originated, also that bible is a book packed with lies and all of it has been copied in one way or another from the much older Egyptian writings, even some things in the NT were copied from  the ancient Egyptians, but the bible contains various lies and contradiction of itself.  @ Robert De, "You must get it into your head that, religions will be on earth until the return of Jesus Christ,"  Robert you are one hugely brainwashed person, likely started when you were about 2 yrs old. You really have no clue how badly you have been fooled, because you do not understand that bible, which is a book of many lies and contradictions.   @ Jea, Well done and so truthful and thoughtful.  It is slowly falling, Christianity, and Islam will fall wihen Christianity falls; two similar groups of lies, one based on the other which were also based on lies cannot continue as education spreads round the earth , then little 2,3 and 4 year-old children will no longer be lied to and brainwashed. @Anonymous- You obviously have not been keeping up with  the process of learning; the NT story about your Jesus is evidence itself that it is a lie. The entire NT was written by the Romans to be used to start another religion, to stop the spread of the Messianic movement other wise known as the Sicarii.

• 1 month ago

From an atheist's perspective, it is highly unlikely that religions will fade away because they are not here for intellectual reasons, they are here for emotional reasons. Unless we become Vulcan in the future, I believe human emotions are here to stay. There is also a wisdom aspect to religions because our emotions directly impact our abilities to do things. If you are down in the dumps, you are not going to be nearly as productive as if you are feeling very good about yourself and life in general. Simply think of all the other fantasies we incorporate into our lives to spice things up. We have things like Halloween, Christmas, Easter, the Tooth Fairy, etc all for the sake of entertainment and inspiring children's imaginations. Like anything, it's not the religions that are bad, it's how the individual uses it that can be harmful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Phil M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably not because there will always be a lot of people who need to be told how to behave on a daily basis.

• 1 month ago

I don't think so.  We have various instincts which are part of who we are and on some of them rest our capacity for rational thought.  Magical thinking is an example of this and religion also performs a social function.  It's unlikely it could be eliminated because it would involve a fundamental restructuring of the psyche.

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

well u will eventually

• 1 month ago

Even as an Christian I believe it will be.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i don't know... we can only hope though.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not as long as human beings value truth.

• 1 month ago

Possibly, but a relationship with the living God will always be an issue worth pursuing. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.