Ollie asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

If my mother (with whom I live) was around a woman whose sister has COVID-19, should I quarantine for two weeks?

The woman only just told my mother that her sister was in the hospital for COVID-19 in an email, and since they saw each other, my mother has been around me, my siblings, and my father. I've been working since my mother saw this woman last week. My siblings have been going to school, completely unaware that we may have been exposed to the virus.

I'm honestly just at a loss on what I should do. I still have to work to make ends meet, but also, I don't want to be responsible for exposing a lot more people than would be exposed otherwise. At the same time, I work at a store, so I imagine I and my coworkers have been exposed to the virus many times over.

I would really love any suggestions.

it might not be a bad idea

Ask your doctor. Call them

Like they say, quarantining is for sick people, not healthy ones.  I see no reason why this should change what you do.  I'd guess all of us have been exposed in one way or another, but if life doesn't get back to normal soon, our country will be in big trouble.  I think it's nice that you care and you wonder about this, but live your life!  I had a similar situation.  Our cleaning lady has a roommate who tested positive.  She told us when she came in one day, just to be polite.  We said fine and she came in and cleaned.

• J

Go get tested. It’s the only way to be sure.