Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 4 months ago

What automotive era do you like more, horse pulled wagon era, or the muscle car era?

Favorite Answer

horse pulled wagons aren't automobiles.

The word "auto" means self

the word "mobile" means to move.

So an automobile is literally any machine that moves itself

Wagons that need a horse or other animal to move them aren't automobiles.

Personally I like the modern era where nearly every vehicle has basic amenities like air conditioning and a radio. 

I like the Steamer era (1898-maybe 1925. Resurgence in 1941-'45 with gas rationing Stanleys and others used furnace oil, not gas.).

My present incarnation is exclusively automobile era and I saw the whole first muscle car era which died with the "gas crisis". We're starting to get muscle cars again. I rode a horse once and it was a very BAD horse. I did not enjoy that horse. I got a kick out of driving very powerful and fast cars and motorcycles, but not horses. That horse didn't like me and I was glad to finally get back on my feet. I would like a dinner of barbequed horse ribs from that one.

Definitely muscle cars.  I had a 1970 Mustang Mach 1.

EPIC DUMBASS FAIL "horse pulled wagons" are not part of the automotive era. 

• Ramiro

Real horse power? or artificial horse power? Real screaching horses? or a synthetic muffler?...Honestly bro i like electric cars (electric self driving cars 🚗)

• Rick

grew-up in the muscle car era AND have a 427 Mustang stashed away !!!!

That's a toughy. Smelling horse farts or flying down the highway doing 130 MPH. I'm gonna have to go with smelling horse farts. Gas (horse feed) was cheap, very few if any accidents, and no parallel parking.