I need some suggestions in picking a unique controversial topic. ?

Hi, all. I am trying to come up with a controversial topic to write about related to sociology, where I will have to present the pros and cons. The topic has to be UNIQUE and very current. I am thinking about about choosing a topic on "Social Distancing." Would choosing Social Distancing be a good idea? I need some examples on controversial topics to write about. Thank You. 

• Stella

Think about whether schools should reopen in person or not.

It's a complex issue because schools serve other functions for society beyond simply providing an education.

Or think about how far should the movement to remove statutes should go.

Should it be limited to huge monuments that honor Confederate leaders, who could legitimately be considered traitors to their country? How about anyone who had slaves?  Or just a generic statute of an ordinary Confederate soldier?  Does renaming military bases, schools, streets, etc really serve any point?  Is it worth the taxpayer expense required to make this happen?   (I'm not saying it's not, but it's something to discuss).

• Sandy

wearing masks...