In light of Beirut explosion, how safe are the 6000 Nuclear war heads with US military? and do they stock them next to each other?

From answers it seems none of u know, esp if they are stocked next to each other it make sense if one goes off the rest will go off

Perfectly safe they like Fertilizer need additions to cause them to go High order

Fertiliser alone would just Burn Nukes would not do anything in a fire except melt

Nuclear weapons by design are safe I was on a Nuclear weapons Squadron in the RAF

Please tell me you understand there is a World of difference between how a 3rd World city stores ammonium nitrate in a port storage building for God knows how long and under what conditions and how the US stores and maintains it's nukes. Besides, a nuclear weapon cannot just go off in a nuclear explosion just sitting there, especially in storage.

• Daniel

They are extremely safe.

For starters, even if the conventional explosives went off, a nuclear detonation would not occur.

The US military and DOE go to great lengths to prevent even a conventional mishap.

UPDATE:  It appears that I don't know?  I was in the military for 20 years.  I worked around nukes and other explosives.  The US military has extensive rules on how many explosives can be stored in a single structure, has intricate lightning protection systems and other built-in safeguards on those structures, how closely anything can else can be built near any munitions storage areas, rules against bringing spark producing devices into a munitions storage building, etc.  

Nukes are the least of your worries.  As I stated, a nuclear detonation won't occur because of a fire.  Look up Broken Arrows.  Back in the days of airborne nuclear alert, we lost a few loaded bombers.  In none of those instances did a nuclear detonation occur.