Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 6 months ago

Capital One or US Bank credit card?

Please no negativity. I’ve been working so hard to get my life together. 

I want to build and establish my credit as quick as possible so I was either going to apply for a Capital One secure credit card or a US Bank secure credit card. I already have a checking and savings account with US Bank for over 8 years now. I guess I just need some help and guidance or advice as far as what to apply for? 

Thanks! 

• Scott
    Favorite Answer

The credit card doesn’t matter so much. Just set up an auto bill pay so that your credit card will pay things like your cell phone bill. And then set it up so that your bank will automatically pay your credit card every month.

Other than that, don’t use your credit card for discretionary purchases.

It does not matter what card you get.   Use it during the month,  pay it off at the end of the month.  Do not carry a balance over.   If you can not pay it off at the end of the month then you used it too much so cut back.  

No such thing as "quick" with credit.

Any but CitiBank, The most bent Bank I know  of.

Unless cap1 is giving you an offer you can handle, just stick with us bank.  I have a cap1 card, no complaints, but I don't use it much.  Not too familiar with us bank.