Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Do you think shes trying to sabotage my weight loss without realising?

My friend is a really nice friend to me

We are both trying to lose weight and im putting in effort and seeing good results

My friend hasnt been as strict with herself which is odv her choice so she hasnt had the same results

Thing is she keeps making things harder for me sometimes and I dont think she means to consciously

Like she ll say are you getting a take away when shes not even getting one like she wants to encourage me

She doesnt really encourage me its more the other way and I dont think its in a horrible way

Do you think im being paranoid or is she doing it? 

Favorite Answer

Yes she is.  It may well be unconscious but people who can't lose weight do tend to sabotage others who are trying hard.  It makes them feel less inadequate.  Just stick to your guns.  You are doing well and if she has problems with it.....that's HER problem, not yours.  Good luck and keep up the good work.

She is unconsciously sabotaging your effort.. You have to remain firm, believe me, if the weight loss effort fails, she will still blame you.

She might not be doing it on purpose. She might be unwilling to do the plan with you and is looking for "outs". It's not fair, when she knows your goal.

• y

I think your mind, you are looking for a reason to fail. Weight loss comes down to you, your mindset, your program, and your support group. Failing is common, that is why dieting programs are a billion dollar industry.  It is lifestyle that needs to be changed. You are the only one who is responsible for your lifestyle. You friends questions, even if your friend bought take out and brought it to you. Would not be responsible in the least, for you putting it in your mouth. As long as you believe she has that power over you, enough power to make you fail at this, you will fail, becouse you have already given yourself permission and an excuse to fail.

I'm not sure what you're asking us; are you asking if she's DELIBERATELY sabotaging you, or are you asking us if she's sabotaging you at all, deliberate or not?