Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

Should I tell a man’s wife that her husband is having an affair?

My roommate is sleeping with a married man who’s wife is pregnant with their 2nd child. I feel terrible for the man’s wife because she thinks he’s at work when he really comes over to our house to sleep with my roommate. Also, my roommate is starting to develop strong feelings for this man. I keep telling her to end it before she gets more emotionally involved and ends up getting hurt in the end. But mostly I feel terrible for his wife, because my roommate has been sleeping around and has had std’s before. So this man could be transmitting stds to his wife. Should I tell her anonymously or stay out of it?

Tell her anonymously for sure. 

this is none of your concern and WHY do you want to interfere with the pregnant wife's personal life?  Just leave it alone.  Most wives suspect cheating husbands, anyway. She probably isn't as dumb as you think she is.

Telling her would make you look like a real idiot.

Dont tell your roommate, but tell her anonymously.

• Robert

The roommate is a roommate.  She is not your child.  If you tell the wife and she finds out all hell will break loose and you may have trouble collecting the rent.  As long as the cash comes on time she is fulfilling any and all obligation to you.  Leave it as a business arrangement.   Her STDs are her and the guys troubles.   It's a shame about the wife, but it is not something you can help.  You can only make your home life a mess.  

Yeah. Tell her.

• marty

I would tell his wife. I would hope someone would tell me if my wife were doing that. She will find out sooner or later anyway and it would be best if she were to find out before she gets an STD that could harm the baby. It's the right thing to do.

A better plan maybe to tell the guy to back off or you will tell his wife. Anonymously of course.