Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 2 months ago

Is Robbie Williams more respected in the U.K. than Morrissey?

I do not mean is Robbie Williams more respected musically...i mean is Robbie Williams more respected for his worldwide success as far as sales and poularity 🌎?

• Favorite Answer

Probably.  The British are legendary for not appreciating their own culture.  In all fairness I think Morrissey's Nationalistic views are upsetting a few people but he's always had them so it's nothing new.

As for Robbie Williams I have never understood the popularity of that talentless hack.

• F

Yes because Robbie’s songs are generally upbeat but Morrissey’s make you suicidal. 

• Zapata

Both of them are seen as yesterday's men in the UK. Williams was much more commercially successful and still appeals widely to the over 30s, and has become a straight M.O.R. entertainer. Morrisey's fan base is probably now mainly the over 40s, and he was always more "indie" and cool, but the truth is he has recently lost a LOT of respect and many previous fans due to his weird, intolerant political statements.