Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 month ago

Why are the Beatles so popular? ?

There was plenty of musicians with the same quality 

Quality and popularity are almost never the same thing.  If they were, nobody would have ever heard of The Beebz or Kanye West.  Popularity is its very own thing, and a band / artist either becomes popular or they don't.  It's not something anyone can control, and there's no magic formula to predict what will be the next big hit.

Like so many bands before and after them, The Beatles weren't the first to do what they did.  They weren't the first to wear matching suits and funny haircuts.  They weren't even the best at what they did.  But they had the right combination of the look, the sound and the attitude that audiences wanted at the time, and their songs were extremely easy to remember.  That last thing is the only ingredient that has remained constant throughout history, the rest is all a matter of random chance.  Nobody has ever become popular without catchy melodies in their songs.

It's the exact same thing that happened to Little Richard, Elvis, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Nirvana, The Doors, Van Halen and yes... even the Beebz.  Catchy songs, with the right look-sound-attitude combo at the exact right time, and the mighty and whimsical luck-gods might favour an act.  The bands and record companies don't decide who is popular, the audience does.

• Jesere

Look it up.....

Because the people that like them never heard anything different from that horrible noise they made.....perhaps if they'd gone to nightclubs they would be able to tell the difference between good and bad music.

Its because drunks and drug addicts buy them in the hopes itll liven up their dull lives. the beatles is a stupid group. I 've bought not one of their albums. they were about the stupidiest sound I heard as a kid and they are still dumb.

this is america not london.

It's their timeless songs that set them apart...

because they are fantastic  entertainers ..

i love paul..he is a loving kind  man   .

have felt that way since i saw a movie about he and linda  

Not with the same quality over album to album, and NOBODY packed as much quality into only seven years. The Beatles were innovators as well.

95% of the Beatles songs are classics, no other band can claim that.

The Beatles aren't “popular” - they disbanded in 1970! 

What musicians “of the same quality” are you thinking of?

Added, I see I have three thumbs down but neither you nor anyone has said what “bands of the same quality” they are thinking of. I can't think of single one!

I'd also like to know why anyone thinks they are “popular” - they aren't in the charts, on the radio or on TV. The only time I hear of them is when they are mentioned on sites like this, usually by people who have NO idea what they are talking about.

They are, quite rightly, very highly regarded and respected: they were terrifically talented and changed the music scene completely. But “popular”? Fifty years after they split up and with half of them dead? I don't think so!!!

• Vela

No. There was not plenty of musicians with the same quality

Perhaps this will help you to understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLPpjkay990

Youtube thumbnail