Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 6 months ago

Dryer not drying ?

We rent, and it comes with a dryer. The dryer is not drying well, and I was told its blowing out heat, just dry smaller loads. Last time I do a heavier load, bath towels, boyfriend's work jeans, hoodies.  It was a full load, but did dry it twice on high heat, and it was still pretty damp.

I was told to do smaller loads.  I did do a smaller load. Put it on high heat, and it's still not dry. It's maybe half dry. 

Last time I put the load other persons dryer, and it was done in one cycle, and came out warm/hot

If it's me, what is the issue? Never had an issue with past dryers. Or what is wrong with the dryer ( elc)

Could be a bad thermostat causing the heat to not get hot enough.

Probably blocked. Pull out the lint filter and wipe it clean. Disconnect the duct that comes out of the back where the warm air goes out. It is probably full of lint and needs to be cleaned out. Simple to do. 

Clean the lint filter.  No luck, time to call the landlord again.  Tell the landlord dryer needs a handyman.  Could be clogged hose vents or the inside of the dryer needs cleaning.