In Minecraft Java Edition, is there a way to change what the player is called in-game without changing your username?

Hi. On my PC that runs Windows 10 I have Minecraft Java Edition 1.2.2 (to ensure compatibility with certain mods I like to use while playing). I chose my favourite username so I could use it for my Mojang account, but when I'm actually playing I'd rather the player character be referred to as Char (the name you see on my profile here - this is the name I usually prefer to be called in real life) by other characters. So my question is, when you're playing Minecraft: Java Edition on PC, is there a way to change what the player is called in-game without changing your username? I like my username a lot and don't want to change it if I don't have to, but it's super annoying to see characters refer to the player by it in-game. Thanks!

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.