Why did Yahoo eliminate the comment section on news stories and replace with a survey?

I have a theory but I'm no position to know. Personal feeling is it just didn't like the comments.

Because 90% of the comments were Pro Trump and anti democrat.

Interesting. My belief is it was removed because of the election. I started to notice an uptick in a positivity for Trump in comments and then all of a sudden, comments were no more.

Probably because everyone was pointing out how many mistakes the writers make. I was reading the article about the guy who predicted correctly every presidential election since 1984. It mentioned that Nixon ran in 1984. I was not aware that Nixon ran against Reagan in 1984. 

Other times, it doesn’t include a picture or video for reference. 

For the upteenth time, the comments were disabled across the entire Yahoo platform, including commenting on YA answers. This was for security and safety reasons. Also, there are legal liability reasons for Verizon because of increasing spamming, violent threats, and attempts to breach security around a presidential election. They did the same thing in 2012 and 2016.

• They took it off here aswell. It is sooo annoying and I dunno 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ Y!A sucks🖕🏻 at times and they are trying to make it bad maybe to get rid of more users and to make sure no ome talks to one another other communication gone..IM AND EMAIL!!

Maybe trying to get info or whatever.surveys are dumb!!

Hope they give comments back..keep putting good comments to make them see they are WRONG about taking comments away!

I have no comment.