Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I couldn't make it to the bathroom on time and got period blood on the floor at work?

I'm extremely embarrassed. :( I don't think I can go back, this is my first job, I'm 15 btw. I'm just so incredibly terrified to go back cause my coworkers were laughing at me and talking about it. Should I go back or just quit? This is my first day as a dishwasher... 

• marty
    Favorite Answer

You may be teased a bit but this will pass. You may just as well go back to work and get the teasing over with. There will be more embarrassing moments in your life and you can't always run away. Things happen and I find it best to shrug them off and continue on.

• Orla C

Gosh, trolls must really bleed a lot ....  

I am old enough to work, Kelvin. Which is.... Unfortunate. I wish I'd never had taken this job. Thanks for your answers.

• kelvin

well i think your a troll as you are not old enough to even have a job

• Edna

I don't believe you got period blood on the floor  while you were at work.  If there was so much blood that it spilled onto the floor, you weren't menstruating - you were hemorrhaging.

Because you were hemorrhaging, you had better find out quick what was causing it. and what can be done about it, or else you probably won't see a second day as a dishwasher - you'll be too sick and suffering from too great a blood loss to come to work. 

Why quit for spilling a little blood? 

The women laughing probably can no longer menstruate and are useless old hags with menopause.

• D_21

Just quit. Find another job. It's only tas big a deal as you make it. It is up to you if you want to face it, but there's not really any reason to. Quit and leave the embarrassment behind you.  In the future be prepared, and prioritize taking care of yourself. Sometimes these things happen. We just move forward.

• k w

what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...go back and say nothing.....even if they make comments, you can smile but say nothing, they'll forget about it after a while.....