How long do driving violations affect background checks and eligibility for driving employment?

I'm 22. I have done some stupid **** as a driver. Nothing like drunk driving, but more like forgetting administrative tasks. I once got caught for incomplete insurance, and then I had a suspension placed on getting a license in the state I moved to (I didn't know this) So I ended up getting busted on driving on a suspended license. I had to go to court, etc. I needed SR22 insurance for a year. Beyond that, the last thing was driving on expired tags a year ago (I was driving my moms car and didn't realize they weren't updated). So yeah, dumb ADHD stuff. Anyways, now I cannot get ANY driving job! I love driving so much, and I would love to do pizza delivery or make some extra cash doing Doordash or Uber Eats or something. But every time I apply, my background check comes back negative. I am wondering if this will always be the case or if I just need to have no further incident for a couple years or what. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

"I love driving so much."  Apparently not enough when you continue to forget "administrative tasks."

• 2 months ago

A long as the employer cares about.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ten years in my State with an average background check.  Eternity if the government or a bonding service is running the check.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.