Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

My white manager called me the N word and then tried to bribe me when I told her I got in on camera.?

I am currently in possesion of a video where my white manager calls me a *****r. After I brought said video to her attention, she immediately tried to bribe me with a paycheck raise and more hours, which I was asking about months ago but nothing happened. I have no family I can really talk to, I was just wondering if anyone knows if I can do anything with that? Could I get her fired?

Without knowing what state you're in, it's unclear what you can do with it. Many states require the consent of all people before you're allowed to record their voice.

What it plainly clear that you were recording her?

Does your company have a policy where employees are allowed to record each other?

What sort of trouble you can get her into would depend upon your companies stance on such issues. If the recording was done illegally, they might not want to touch the issue with a ten-foot pole.

If your state does permit such recordings, then you're free to report her.

Threatening to report her if she doesn't give you some sort of goodies/bribe would be considered extortion, so make sure you remain ethical in the whole matter.

Sure, you could get her fired.  i'd get yourself the raise and more hours first.

She needs to realize that using the n-word is inappropriate and unacceptable.  Report her to management.

• Troy

In the scenario you present, she should be fired for being ignorant. A manager should know by now to avoid that particular word like the plague. I have worked with a lot of people in the trades and have heard lots of ignorant crap, but no managers use that word. It's like kryptonite. Lots of other ways to verbally slight someone that doesn't hurt so many people.

If you denied the bribe, yes, report her to management.

If you accepted the bribe, you are complicit in her behavior.

Don’t you watch tv crime shows like matlock or Perry Mason. Never blackmail someone because it will only get you killed. What happens if you demand a bigger raise and she can’t give it to you. She’s going to kill you. 

Nothing happened tells me you was happy to accept the bribe but if it bothers you so much report her.